- 2 large aubergines, about 225g/8oz each
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, halved, seeded and chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 175g/6oz cherry tomatoes
- 175g/6oz firm goatâ€™s cheese, sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Cut the aubergines in half, prepare and salt. Brush cut sides with a little oil, place on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes until the flesh is tender.
2. Scoop out the flesh to within 1cm/1/2in of the skin. Chop the flesh, then heat one tablespoon of the oil and fry the pepper and shallots until soft. add the flesh and seasoning, mixing well.
3. Pile the mixture back into the shells. Arrange the tomatoes and goatâ€™s cheese in alternate lines along the top. Drizzle over the remaining oil and sprinkle with the thyme. Return to the oven for 20-25 minutes.