- 4 ripe tomatoes, plum or other flavoursome variety
- olive oil
- 6 prosciutto slices
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 1/4 â€“ 1 1/2 hours
1. Cut the tomatoes into quarters lengthways. Spread over a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 160C/325F/Gas 3 for 1 1/4 â€“ 1 1/2 hours until the tomatoes are slightly dried. Snip the prosciutto into pieces and add to the tomatoes for the last 15 minutes of cooking time to crisp.
2. Prepare and stone the avocados. Arrange the tomatoes on four plates and spoon teaspoons of avocado on top. Scatter over the prosciutto pieces.
3. Whisk the lemon, olive oil and seasoning together and drizzle over the salad.