- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh ginger
- Rind and juice of 2 limes
- 15ml/1tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 5ml/1tsp fenugreek seeds
- 30ml/2tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 700g/11/2lb large,cooked prawns or cubed monkfish, haddock or cod
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garam masala
1. In a food processor, mix together the first seven ingredients to make a thick paste. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the spice paste for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes until slightly softened. Add the prawns or white fish and cook gently until heated through. Season, sprinkle with garam masala and serve immediately.