- For Two to Three
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lamb cubes(I like boneless neck fillet)
- 12oz onions peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 400gm tin butterbeans drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaf
- large sprig of fresh thyme or dried if you must
- 8fl oz chicken stock
- salt pepper
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
Heat the oil in a large oven proof pan and fry the meat and onions until srarting to colour then add the garlic to soften a little.
Add the beans ,bayleaf,thyme and stock.
Season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a simmer and cook in a preheated oven at 160 for 1-1 1/2 hours. Check seasoning add parsley and serve.
I like this with a mixture of mashed potato and cooked finely chopped cabbage.