- 2 tbls oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic glove crushed
- 1 tbls mild curry paste or powder
- 450g / 1lb parsnips, cut into 21/2/1in chunks
- 600ml/1pint chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbls low-fat natural yoghurt
- fresh chopped chives to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft. Then add the curry paste or powder and cook for a few seconds, stirring constantly.
2. Add the parsnip chunks to the onion mixture. Pour in the chicken stock and stir well. Season with the salt and pepper, bring the soup to the boil, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the parsnips are tender.
3. Transfer the soup to a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Return to the pan, add more salt and pepper, if necessary, and reheat.
4. Pour the soup into serving bowls and top with a swirl of yoghurt. Garnish with the chopped chives and serve.