- 10oz mixed shellfish -I use tiger prawns and scallops but mussels ,monkfish or other shellfish are all possible.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup risotto rice
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Same volume of water plus 1 chicken stock cube
- pinch dried chilli flakes(optional)
- 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- SERVES TWO
Heat olive oil in a shallow non stick pan with a lid and fry onion and garlic until transparent
Add rice and stir until coated with oil
Add chilli flakes and tin tomatoes
Add the stock and bring to a gentle simmer
Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer for 45 mins stirring occasionally as necessary.
We are aimimg for a slightly soupy consistency
When rice is tender add the shellfish and coriander adnd return to a simmer for about 5 mins or until cooked.