- 2 small red chillies
- 30ml/2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 45-60ml/3-4tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 150ml/5fl oz olive oil
- 30ml/2 level tbsp honey
- salt and pepper
- 350g/12oz cooked, peeled king prawns
- 2-3 ripe papayas
- grated lime rind to garnish
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: none
1. Finely chop the chillies, discarding seeds; reserve a little for garnish. place the remaining chillies in a blender or food processor with the vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, honey and seasoning. Blend until smooth. Stir in the prawns until coated.
2. Halve, then peel the papayas. Scoop out the black seeds and discard. Thinly slice the flesh and arrange on plates.
3. Carefully spoon prawn mixture over the papaya slices. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped chillies and lime rind.
Serves 6 as a starter
Serves 3 as a main course