- 225g/8oz french beans, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large beef tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 2 tbsp low-fat yoghurt
1. Cut the french beans in half. Heat up a pan of salted water, add the beans, cook for 5 minutes, then drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the sliced onion and crushed garlic and fry gently until soft and just beginning to brown. Then add the chopped beef tomato, tomato puree, water, tabasco sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cooked beans tot he tomato mixture along with the chopped basil and salt and pepper. Cover again and cook for a further 5 minutes over a medium heat. Finally, stir in the natural yoghurt and serve.