- 4 red peppers
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 150g/51/2oz large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 375g/13oz puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk mixed with
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 100g/31/2oz dolcelatte, cut into 1cm/1/2in dice
1. Heat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Remove the cores and seeds from the peppers and cut into quarters. Place on a roasting tray, pour over some olive oil and season. Cover with foil and roast for 2 hours, then remove the foil and roast for a further 30 minutes. For the last hour of cooking, place the tomatoes, cut side up, on a separate dish, pour over some olive oil, season and roast. Remove the vegetables and allow them to cool.
2. Turn up the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Roll out the pastry thinnly, cut out 4 x 13cm/5in circles and place them on a baking sheet. Arrange the peppers on the circles, skin side up, with the tomatoes on top, leaving a small rim. Brush the edge of the tarts with the egg and milk mixture and bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and risen at the edges.
3. A couple of minutes before the end of the cooking scatter the thyme and cheese over the tarts then return to the oven. Serve hot or at room temperature.