Whole packet of spagetti, about 500g
150ml of double cream
3 medium eggs
50ml of milk
250g chopped smoked bacon
150g freshly grated parmesan
1. Fry bacon in a splash of oil and set aside.
2. Whip eggs, cream and milk together then add half your parmesan and season with black pepper.
3. Boil spagetti for about 10 minutes until al dente.
4. Turn off heat and drain pasta saving half a cup of pasta water.
5. Return pasta to hot pan and quickly add the bacon, parmesan and egg mixture.
6. Add some of the pasta water if dish is a little thick.
7. Serve with even more freshly grated parmesan and pepper.
Anna’s Carbonara for 6