You will need
a splash of milk
a pinch of salt
toppings such as ham and cheese
1. Whisk the egg with the milk, salt and pepper.
2. Heat your nonstick pan with a little oil.
3. While you wait, grate the cheese and cut up the ham into small squares.
4. Use a fish slice to gently push from the edge of the omelette to the middle, creating texture.
5. Sprinkle on the toppings.
6. Wait 30 seconds and fold in half.
7. Wait another 30 seconds before lifting your omelette out of the pan using the fish slice.