- 50g/2oz butter
- 2 spanish onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 400g packet filo pastry
- 1 Camembert cheeses, about 250g/9oz, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 tsp cranberry sauce
1. Melt half of the butter in a pan, then add the onions, sugar and vinegar. Cook over a low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are carmelised.
2. Preheat the oven too 200C/400F/Gas 6. Melt the remaining butter. Cut the filo pastry into 24 15cm/6in squares. Layer four squares, one on top of the other, making a half turn each time to form a star shape. Brush each square with butter as you work; repeat with the remaining pastry to make five more stars.
3. Place a piece of cheese in the centre of each star, then top with the onions and a teaspoon of the cranberry sauce. Draw up the pastry to enclose the filling; pinch well to seal. Brush with melted butter, place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown; serve immediately.