- Makes about 12 depending on their size. I use a bun tin and cake cases.
- 200g Plain flour
- 3 teaspoonfuls of Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Sodium Bicarb
- 75g Demerara sugar. NOT any other, texture is important.
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Small Orange or Clementine
- 50ml Milk (Approx)
- 60g Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Large egg
- 150g Dried cranberries
- For the topping
- 2 teaspoonfuls of Demerara sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
Heat oven to 200C
Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Squeeze the orange/clementine and add the juice to a measuring jug. Add milk to the 150ml mark. Add the egg and melted butter to this and beat to combine. Pour this into the dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
LUMPY BATTER=LIGHT MUFFINS
Lastly fold in the cranberries and fill the muffin cases. mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops.
Put in oven for 20 minutes.
EAT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!