- 11/2 tbsp olive oil
- 10oz potatoes-peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 400gm tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock made with a cube
- 60ml white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 handfuls of mussels or clams
- 6 large raw prawns-peeled
- 8oz monkfish cut into chunks
- Juice of half a lemon
- some chopped mint and parsley-to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
- Fish is very flexible. I have had good results with squid, halibut etc it is really up you and what is good at the time.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the potatoes over a medium heat for five minutes.
Add the garlic and stir briefly.
Add tomatoes, wine, stock, chilli and ginger.Simmer for 5 minutes or so until potatoes are tender. It can be made up to this point ahead and left till later to add the fish. Just bring back up to a simmer before adding the fish. Add the seafood and lemon juice and simmer for ten minutes. Place in bowls and scatter over mint and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.