- 4 ready sliced pork escalopes, about 125g/4oz each
- Ground black pepper
- 11/2 slices white bread, processed into breadcrumbs
- 50g/2oz strong, tasty, hard cheese, mature cheddar or Gruyere coarsly grated
- 25g/1oz butter, melted
- 75g/3oz soft goatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cheese, such as Chavroux
- Slice of lemon to serve
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1. Put the escalopes between two sheets of clingfilm and bat out with a rolling pin. Season with plenty of pepper.
2. Mix together the breadcrumbs, grated cheese and melted butter.
3. Grill the pork for 3-4 minutes, fairly close to the heat, until it changes colour and feels firm. Spread the goatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cheese over the pork, leaving it thick in places. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top and pop under the grill, slightly further away from the heat, for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and breadcrumbs are golden. Serve with a slice of lemon.