- For 8 portions or more if you are not as greedy as us!
- 1lb extra lean beef mince(yes it is healthy too!)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 sachet schwartz chilli mix
- 1 sachet schwartz hot chilli mix
- 2 400gm tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 400gm tins red kidney beans drained
- 1 oxo cube
Put a little oil in a large non stick pan with a lid and saute mince and onion until mince is brown and broken up. Add both sachets of chilli mix and tins tomatoes. stir and add one canful of waterCrumble in the oxo cube. Bring to a simmer, put on lid and place in fan oven at 150 for 1 hour.
Serve with boiled rice and grated cheddar if liked.
- For eight portions
- 2 onions
- 10oz carrots
- 2lb small potatoes
- 1lb lean minced beef
- 2 beef stock cubes plus one oxo cube
- 2 x400gm cans baked beans
- splash of worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley to garnish
Roughly chop up veg
heat a large non-stick pan(it saves on the washing up)
add the mince and brown.
crumble in the stock cubes and add the veg
Pour in 1 1/4 pints of water and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 mins until veg are tender.
Add baked beans and worcestershire sauce.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Serve with a green veg of choice in shallow bowls.
Garnish with chopped parsley if liked
- For eight portions
- 4 tbsp tasteless oil- I used rapeseed
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 thumbsized piece of fresh ginger peeled and sliced into fine matchsticks
- 2 red onions halved and sliced
- 1 red chilli deseeded and sliced fine
- 1.5kg lamb neck fillets in bite size pieces or ox cheek beef.
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 teasp chinese five spice powder
- 2 teasp sugar
- 3 tbsp chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 3 tbsp dark soy
- 500ml beef stock
Heat half the oil in a large casserole dish. Fry the onions garlic ginger and chilli for a minute or two until softened.Tip onto a plate.
Toss the lamb in the flour and fry in batches until browned using the rest of the oil.Put aside on a plate.
Add five spice and ginger mix to pan and stir then add sugar, lamb and wine ,scraping up any meaty bits.
Pour in soy and stock, bring to a simmer. cover tightly and place in fan oven at 130 for three hours stirring halfway.
Serve with boiled rice and steamed greens. Tenderstem broccoli is real nice with this dish
- 1 large red onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 10cm/4in piece of peeled ginger
- 5cm/2in peeled galangal (optional)
- 1 red pepper
- 4 dried hot chillies
- 10ml/2tsp ground coriander
- 10ml/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 5ml/1tsp ground cloves
- 5ml/1tsp ground turmeric
- Dash of vegetable oil
- 1.1 kg/21/2lb stewing or braising steak
- 1.1 litres/2 pints coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 2.5ml/1/2tsp salt
1. Process the onion, garlic, ginger, galangal, pepper, chillies, spices and a splash of water until smooth.
2. Heat the oil in a large, wide casserole and cook the spice paste for 5 minutes. Add the meat and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the coconut milk, lemon grass and salt.
3. Bring to the boil, stir, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until the meatâ€™s tender and the sauce thickened.
- Minced Bacon 1lb
- Lean Minced Beef 1lb
- Mincked Pork 1/2lb
- White sliced Bread 3 slices
- English Mustard Powder 2 teaspoonfuls
- Eggs, small 2
Make bread into crumbs in food processor. Mix all the ingredients together by hand till well blended. Place in a loaf tin. Cover tightly with foil and put in to a roasting tin which is half filled with water.
Cook for 1 1/2 hours at 150 Fan oven